So, as the year moves along and Shabbat (The Sabbath) is ending earlier (tonight it ended at 7:45) I have more time Saturday night to sew. I finished one piece I was working on and finished one part of a two piece outfit. The latter is a strapless dress (which I can't wear as it is) that I intend to make a cover up for (I started it already) using the same fabric I used for the trim on the bottom of the dress. I made the dress from one of my fabrics (it's an eclipse design -- gold on black -- with a gold Chai (חי) in the middle. The dress is from jersey fabric, but the trim (and the cover up)
I was hoping to have this outfit done for the holidays (Rosh Hashana -- ראש השנה -- starts Wednesday night this week and the last holiday, Simhat Tora -- שמחת תורה-- ends 3+ weeks later and this year, since it is Thursday and Friday, it goes right into Shabbat (שבת), it ends up being a 3 day "holiday", so I have a lot of days to wear things).
In any case, I was sewing along and I needed to change thread (different colors), so I took the bobbin cover off and changed the bobbin. Only one problem -- I couldn't find the bobbin cover.
So I went to pin the overlay for the second outfit and forgot about the missing bobbin cover.
So I went on the 'net to find out how to order a new bobbin cover, couldn't find the right one and e-mailed Singer. Then I sat down at the machine and there it was, right in front of me!
And this is another children's outfit I made recently.